GAME MASTER AWARDS – Cold Wars 2013
From the HMGS Academy of Historical GamingThe Historical Miniatures Gaming Society congratulates the Game Master (GM) awardees selected by their peer GM’s for Cold Wars 2013.
The HMGS Game Master Awards program is intended to recognize GMs for convention events which encourage others, and exemplify the highest qualities of the Historical Miniatures Gaming hobby. Thanks to ALL of our dedicated GMs for their personal contribution and selfless efforts at Cold Wars 2013.
1. Best of Show: Joe Swartz and NOWS for their Boudica series‐ “Destruction of IX Hispania,” “Fort Verulamium,” and “Battle of Watling Street”(28mm Ancients).
2. Best “Warrior Women” Theme Event: Pete Panzeri and Bob Kerstetter for their Queen Elizabeth I series‐ “Elizabeth at Sea: Stop the Armada July 1588,”“Elizabeth I at War: The Longest Day, 1588,” and “Elizabeth I at War: A Bridge Too Far 1588.”
3. ‘Pour Encourager Les Autres’ (PELA) Awards:
Selected from all historical miniatures events throughout the Convention:
- “Advance to Longueval,14 July 1916” by Phillip Gibbons, Joe Brimer, Ron Bingham, and Battle Barn of Williamsburg (25mm WWI).
- “Clash in the Fulda Gap: 1985 What If” by Chris von Fahnestock and Claudius von Fahnestock (1/285 micro Modern).
- “The Realm of Logres‐ An Arthurian Adventure” by Will Nesbitt and Andy Birtle (25mm Fantasy).
- “Buccaneer Wars” by Matt Pierce, Brian Whitaker, and WAGS (28mm Age of Piracy).
- “Raisin River, 22nd January 1813” by Bob Lehman (54mm War of 1812).
- “Further Adventures of the League of Pear Shaped Gentlemen” by Thomas
- Harris, Frank Chadwick, and the Band of Gamers (25mm Colonial).
- “Joan of Arc and the Battle of Jargeau” by John Spiess and Erin Spiess (28mm Medieval).
- “A Not So Quiet Day on the Eastern Front: World War II” by Bob Burnham and WAGS (15mm WWII).
- “Raze Rohan” by Brad Ireland (28mm Fantasy).
- “Mayhem in Another Village” by Mark Young, Matt Pierce, and WAGS (28mm Modern).
- “Siege of Vienna 1683” by Troy Turner and Bill Miller (15mm Pike and Shot).
- “Let the Westphalians Play!” by John Snead and Triangle Simulation Society (28mm Napoleonic).
- “Mount Badon‐ c.500 A.D.” by John McBride and David McBride (15mm Dark Ages).
- “The Noose Tightens, Maryland 1813” by Scott Landis and Rogues (15mm War of 1812).
6. HMGS Legion of Honor Battle Stars: A “Recognition Award” selected for achievement by members of the HMGS Legion of Honor:
- “Battle of Shubra Khit (Napoleon in Egypt)” by David Kasper and NOWS (28mm Napoleonic)
- “The Battle of Bushy Run 1763” by Cliff Brunken and Del‐Val Gamers (28mm Age of Reason)
7. GM Award Judging Teams are veteran GM’s led by previous award winners, all of whom devote their personal convention time as volunteers. GM Judges for Cold Wars 2013 included Don Manser, Bill Rutherford, Tim Broome, Bob Henderson, Cliff Brunken, Frank Luberti, Rich Fisher, Michael Fijalka, Frank Sciulli, Joe Swartz, Phil Gibbons, Glenn Kidd, Russ Lockwood, Christin Sciulli, and Brian Cusick.
We apologize for any inaccurate data or oversights and strongly encourage all GMs to volunteer and support the program. Club groups and award winners are especially welcome as judging teams. To sign‐up to help with our next convention, please email the Awards Committee Chair at: email@example.com