Over on Nathan Russell’s blog, he has introduced a fascinating concept to go hand-in-hand with the current National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). This would be: National Game Design Month, which works out to a very cheerful NaGa DeMON acronym.
I’ve always wanted to try my hand at NaNoWriMo, but frankly, I’m lazy and though I have many good starts I am not fast enough a writer to think I’d have anything decent done in 30 days (quickly checking the day count in November). Game design, now that is a subject that I could respond to in a timely fashion. I like smaller format games that play quickly (another generation would have called them microgames) and I have one or two kicking around in the darkened recesses of the inchoate mess that I call a brain. I’m going to try to get one done for the 30th. There’s no prize, not much glory, but I love doing it and hope I can put something together in time. It MAY involve Ironclads. You have been warned.
- NaGa DeMon, NaNoWriMo and Scrivener (stargazersworld.com)
- My Plans for NaGa DeMon (stargazersworld.com)
- Challenged? Need a challenge? How about NaGa DeMon? (thefreerpgblog.com)
- NaGa DeMon and the NaNoWriMo rebellion (student20productions.wordpress.com)
- NaGaDeMon from Greyhawk Grognard (greyhawkgrognard.blogspot.com)
- The Week In Gaming from Geekcentricity ” Role-Playing (geekcentricity.com)
- Not Too Late To Get In The NaNoWriMo Game (chicagoist.com)