Well, Chris pulls out the whip and beats his poor horses again. He generates an additional 4MF from the Voluntary Strain to go with his base
speed of 20. He pulls to the inside to get to I/26.
Rob shakes the reigns, but holds off on the whip.
Jamie whips his horses, but apparently didn’t make much contact because it only gained him +1MF. With his original speed of 20 and the +1, he could have been in the lead at this point, but Chris cut in front of him forcing him to move out 1 lane. With a move of 18/Out/2, Jamie ends on II/25.
Bob’s team continues to run along as Bob attempts to gain control of the reigns. (NMR)
Walt cracks the whip and his horses respond (+5). With a base speed of 20 and the +5 from VS, Walt charges down the track. With Jamie in his way, Walt pulls into lane III and passes him; but not before ramming Jamie’s team. However, with a roll of 5 (-3) for light chariot, a 2 on the Ramtable produces no damage. Walt ends his turn at III/26.
We have our first damage!
Ken whips his team and gains an additional +1 VS. He moves 1/Out/2/Ram MarkG chariot/1/Ram MarkG horses/10 to end at V/14. MarkG chose to Hold and accept the attacks. The first attack on the car resulted in a roll of 14 (3d6) = defender damaged. With a roll of 7 (2d6) +3 for HC = 10, MarkG suffered 4 points of wheel damage. Check for flip die roll was 7 = no flip. The attack on the horses was far more devastating – With a roll of 10+3, MarkG suffered 5 points damage to his horse #1, resulting in death. There is now a bloody mess of guts and horseflesh in VI/3. MarkG will need to cut this dead horse free before he is able to move again.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
- Samuel Beckett
The Third Blog of Mister Nizz: Covering history, wargaming, reading, writing, game design, miniatures, science, NASA, space exploration, cryptography, politics, society, mathematics, mindbenders, contests, various computer geegaws, gadgets, and gizmos. In other words, an eclectic mix of stuff.
Airy Persiflage Podcast Player (all posts)To listen to podcasts from our audio site: "Airy Persiflage"Click here for Podtrac Podcast Player
Countdown until…Historicon 2018July 12th, 2018HISTORICON 2018 will be held on July 12 through the 15th at the Lancaster Host resort, Lancaster, PA
Other Journals of Note
- The Division Uncivil War Beta Miniatures Rules
- NonTraditional Board Games
- "The Gatling's Jammed and the Colonel's Dead - - -"
- Gareth Nicholas Blog
- Blades and Blasters
- In The Game Room
- Third Point of Singularity
- Richard Wiseman
- Shapeways Magazine
- Armada Shipyards
- Civil War History
- The Gallery of Curiosities
- Douglas Ernst Blog
- Joshua Hoffine | Behind The Scenes
- Don't Give Greg Ideas
- Gisby's Gaming Blog
- No Light in August
- The Hydra's Lair
- Repple Depple
- Simple Provisions
- A Kansas Bestiary
- Bonnie's Blog of Crime
- DRESSING THE LINES
- Moving On Up a Little Higher
- Leaving Scientology
- No Limits Sci-Fi Wargames
- On the Bad Vicarage, by Mr. Frank Key, read by Walter O'Hara
- Born of Man and Woman, by Richard Matheson, read by Walter O'Hara
- Lemmings, by Richard Matheson, read by Walter O'Hara
- That's What they Want, by Charles Bukowski, read by Walter O'Hara
- Who in Hell is Tom Jones? By Charles Bukowski, read by Walter O'Hara
- Quiet Clean Girls in Gingham Dresses, by Charles Bukowski, read by Walter O'Hara
- One For Old Snaggle-Tooth, by Charles Bukowski, Read by Walter O'Hara
- Cockroach, by Charles Bukowski, Read By Walter O'Hara
- Alone with Everybody, By Charles Bukowski, read by Walter O'Hara
- Jubilate Agno (the Feline Portions) by Christopher Smart, read by Walter O'Hara
- 514,614 hits